Wednesday 14 September 2016

Audiobooks (again)

I got my pop screen today. No more excessive plosivity for me no more. I have been recording tons of stuff. I did some auditions on ACX, but then I thought - it takes ages to record audio. I would end up recording audio for other people and have no time to record my own, so I am thinking on.

I have been recording a few of my stories and uploading them into Soundcloud.  Just click the rinky-dink link and there I will sink. I'm tired now because it's late and I've been recording and I start to talk in rhyme when I'm tired. That's how my family know. They say "Dad, you're talking in rhyme again - get to bed!" Also I talk nonsense. I need to be careful of that now because I don't want to create the impression on you that I am a fool.  Maybe you already got that one.

So, other problems I've had with audio. Accents - if you listen to my audiobooks, this will instantly reveal itself as an issue. The other issue, which you might get is the fact I live opposite a f*g garage. The road itself is busy but the mechanics insist on repair folk's engines. That means big revving all the time. They finish about 8 pm. But I have to get all my recording done before Sheila comes back because she can't abide it and she forbids me to do it.

But after saying that, recording the audio and then listening to it through iTunes was a pure wheeze. I laughed my socks off to hear my luscious voice. And it is luscious. Click and try and if you don't think it's luscious I will email you the image of a Malteser. If you came by my house I would give you one, but I'm not telling you where I live in case you are weird.

Yes, I'm quite tired now. I'm also pretty wired and tomorrow I think I'm going to get fired over what I did today, which was to merely say that one day I want more pay. Ole.

I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment