Sunday 18 September 2016

Synchronicity with Cables

I have twin daughters. Yesterday I saw one of them off to University. As the afternoon progressed, she said she had forgotten her phone charger. Luckily, I had one in the car. She accompanied me to the car and we decided we'd say goodbye there. I gave her the charger hugged her, gave her traditional Vulcan farewell and left here there. Today it was the turn of the second twin. As the afternoon wore on, we walked back to the car. I had the free ethernet cable the University had given her and I gave her the cable and we hugged and gave the traditional Vulcan farewell and I left her there.

It struck me that I had inadvertently said goodbye to both of them separately by giving them a cable. What can this mean? As we know there are no coincidences in the Universe, so the cables must be in some sense symbolic. I suppose cables join things, they pass energy - in this case love, and they transfer this energy over distance; the distance I will be apart from them.  So I guess that's what they mean. Or am I crazy?

On the other hand I just went to see the Blair Witch recent episode. The tunnel bit was the best. The rest was just people running around in a confused manner bumping into each other and screaming and playing meaningless, loud sound effects similar to I used to create for the Dark Door in 1995.  And despite what the website says, the first "game" was in April 1992. I had a lot of fun making those sound effects. At first I tried to make them relevant to the story, and I think the best ones were, but by the end I just had babies laughing and trees falling down with lots of echo and flange. Just like Blair Witch. I mean what were all those coyotes doing making that noise? Why were they even in that wood? And the tree noises? It seemed to me that the trees were getting angry, like evil Ents. But then the sister? How would she have survived all those years without shampoo?  That little plot hole was never filled.

Yes, Rotten Tomatoes gave it 37%. So I'm not the only one.


No comments:

Post a Comment